Thursday, January 20, 2011

The future...

...depends on what we do in the present.

I'm still huffing O2 from the 20 burpees I just ripped out..in a whopping 1 minute 2 seconds!
So far I'm twenty days into this 100 day project; I'm 20% done!

When I first saw this burpee idea, I immediately thought...how stupid! Then I thought, why not? It's something to do, a goal of sorts. It probably couldn't hurt, much.

So far it's been good, I make my Monday night BJJ class do that day's burpees with me. Perfect. I can't wait to have class when I'm at 98. hahahaha

Being at 20, I believe this may be a threshold. I'm starting to breathe heavy. I can feel the weight of the pushups and jumps getting more and more difficult.

So here's a basic illustration of this concept:

Burpee #1: I'm doing GREAT! The world is full of joy and wonder. Life is awesome and I'm exercising! I'll be shredded and badass in no time!

Burpee #12: Some of my liver has now liquefied for muscle fuel. My gall bladder is pissed off and squirted bile directly into my aorta - it's not a pleasant feeling. The internal bleeding is probably not fatal.

Burpee #19: Complete mental failure due to Primary Motor Cortex mutiny. I cannot seem to remember my name, the date or blood type. In the illustration below, those are not tears. That is spinal fluid leaking out my eyes. The internal bleeding, skipped the hematoma stage and launched directly to a full-on firehose of hemoglobin squirts...out my ass.

Final illustration Pain(Yes, I intended that pun): Cellular collapse is complete and I'm pretty much a human meat-bag of chunky salsa. My ears are ringing and some sort of sulfuric acid was mixed up in my gut due to all the jumping and shit. I'm certain the hole it burned through my stomach and gi will etch the concrete in my garage. I should have read the Gracie Diet beforehand so that I knew methamphetamines and Pedialite are not to be eaten together.



-Mark

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. I suspect your Monday night attendance will be dropping off soon. You know you don't have to do all 98 (or 100, or 21) burpees in one "sitting" right? lol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My students LOVE burpees! Yay! Well, they've actually never stated that. I'm just assuming their heavy breathing, wheezing and choking on their own saliva is a sign of enjoyment right?...um...Right?

    ReplyDelete